Today was garbage night. I needed to decide if the chair was staying or heading out. I stripped everything off of it and decided it really was still a good chair...even if it is a mess. I found even more nail holes to suggest that it's seen more than just the four layers of fabric I know of. I also found a button buried deep within the chair as I stripped off the last layer of fabric.
I wonder if it was one of the buttons from original tufting that I am certain this chair had.
The chair will now sit in this bare state until I figure out exactly how I am going to design the upholstery of it. I also need to figure out what kind of supplies I'm going to need and pick out some fabric. A money tree would help as all of this won't be cheap.